Sunday, October 17, 2010

Not afraid to show you my Harris Poll voting

As a voter in the Harris Poll which helps determine the National Championship Game teams, I, for one, am not afraid to show you my poll and why.

I wrestled with the last couple of spots. I think Butch Davis is doing the best job in college football this season, I just gave a slight edge to the SEC and Mississippi State right now. Virginia Tech was top-five early this season and his rounding into form.

Here's how I voted and why..

1. Oregon- I voted them there last week and they didn't play this week, so no need to move them.
2. Boise State- The beat everyone they play to a bloddy pulp. No fooling around.
3. TCU- I wavered here since Oklahoma is looking good and so is Auburn, but why penalize the Horned Frogs for killing people too.
4. Oklahoma- No Bradford, No problem and a seriously good running game too.
5. Auburn- Please welcome Cam Newton to the Heisman conversation.
6. Alabama- I still think they are the best team in the country on a neutral field.
7. LSU- Unbeaten, but better than Bama?
8. Michigan State- Wicked circumstances with their coach, yet still impressive each week.
9. Ohio State- You can be crtical of Pryor and the O but none of them play D.
10. Iowa- A couple of goofy things at Arizona away from being possible top-five team.
11. Nebraska- ? unexplainable. Youth can be good and bad.
12. Wisconsin- Only loss is to #8. Powerful performance against Buckeyes.
13 Oklahoma State- Not even the best in their state...for now.
14. Utah- Still the biggest question mark overall in top-15 to me, but when I see them they dominate their opponents and program has earned its place.
15. Stanford- IMHO they would beat a couple of the teams ahead of them on a neutral field.
16. Missouri- I saw the beatdown by Navy in person. Their coaching staff has learned its lesson and Blaine Gabbert keeps getting better and better.
17. Florida State- Loss to Oklahoma doesn't look so bad now and neither do the Noles.
18. South Carolina- They tried to win the game, isn't that what Herm Edwards once told us?
19. Arizona- Thought about putting Texas here, who do you like on a neutral field?
20. Arkansas- Was that an EA Sports simulation yesterday against Auburn?
21. Texas- Mack Brown and crew too good to keep losing, but I don't think anyone expected that yesterday.
22. Virginia Tech- I don't know what Tyrod Taylor will play in the pros, but in college he's growing on me.
23 West Virginia- BIG East? This is the lone team that can hang with many outsiders they have ridiculous speed.
24. Michigan- Their only losses are to #8 and #10. A must win at Penn State next week to hang around.
25. Mississippi State- Edge out Carolina for my final vote because the ACC is better than SEC and Dan Mullen has done a great job getting Bulldogs competitive again.

No comments:

Post a Comment